August 17, 2018 // Enrique Feldman
Ten years ago I weighed 310 lbs. I had put on the weight gradually, about 4 lbs per year. Fast food was part of my weekly intake of “food”, as was soda, and many desserts. Overeating was the norm. I was a foodie then, and I still am. The difference is I weigh 232 lbs; far more important is that my health, at the cellular, heart, and gut level, are extraordinary (according to my 2 doctors, Dr. Tim Harrigan, Chiropractor/holistic guru guide and Dr. Paul Bejarano).
I have changed my relationship with food. Please don’t misunderstand me, I don’t eat to survive, I love great food and I’m the cook in my house. The difference is I’ve changed what my body wants to eat. It’s taken time, and it feels incredible.
In January of 2018, I found out I have a 2 inch benign tumor on my pituitary gland, and while all my numbers were great, my growth hormone was 1,050, 10 times the normal rate. My bones had continued to grow from approximately the age of 25 or so, which is when your bones usually stop growing. I am in the process of healing myself and I’ve lowered my growth hormone from 1,050 to 850 from January of 2018 to July of 2018.
I share this with you so you know anything is possible. If you’re struggling with your health, your weight, a disease of some kind, I want you to know it’s possible to heal yourself. I’m not saying it’s easy, mostly because there are many variables, the largest one being your self-belief. Here are the simple things I did, which you can do to take your health to the next level.
- Stop drinking any kind of soda. You’re poisoning yourself, literally.
- Start working out at least 3 days a week, even if it’s only for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Surround yourself with positive people and things, and don’t be afraid to talk yourself up, in your head and outloud.
- Limit your intake of bread and pasta to once or twice a week.
- Increase your intake of veggies, especially raw ones.
- Take dairy out of your intake, except for a rare treat (I love ice cream)
- Replace your milk with almond milk and coconut milk
- Use Olive oil raw and coconut oil for cooking with heat (You don’t need to use much coconut oil, as it goes a long way, and yes, IT IS healthy for you. When you read articles about it being too high in saturated fats, follow the money trail and look who sponsored or paid for the article or study. It is always a competing non-coconut oil company. Additionally, there are many fallacies regarding the healthy fats we need, especially for brain health.)
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water throughout the day and strive to drink spring water, and ideally alkaline water.
- Research flourless muffin and other “naughty” recipes that you can make in healthy ways.
- Try intermittent fasting…. it’s been amazing for me, and no, it’s not starving yourself.
- Know what you’re putting in your body. Read labels. The only safe fake sweetener is stevia. The rest are neurotoxins.
Ok… so there’s more, but I’m going to revisit this topic a lot and in the future I’ll go into more concise depth as to exactly what products you should be avoiding and what you should be putting in your body for foundational health.
Embrace your health,